Thursday 5 June 2014

What local people say about the proposal to close M&S Redcar

As you maybe aware Redcar Blog is campaigning for the Marks and Spencer located on Redcar High Street to remain open and available for local residents to use.

Over the last 24 hours people have kindly signed a petition to demonstrate to M&S the level of local opposition to the proposed closure. Here are some of the comments left clearly demonstrating how important the store is to the community.



Petition Link: PLEASE SIGN (every single one counts) 
https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/marks-and-spencer-save-the-redcar-marks-and-spencer-store

Facebook page link: PLEASE "LIKE"
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Save-Redcar-Marks-and-Spencer/

"I am a regular "user" of M&S and I value their products, both food and non food. So much so,I have a credit card(previously was a store card) - if my local store closes, I would find it difficult to get to alternate branches - I would therefore, give up my card!" Denise Jackson, Marske

"Redcar will fall apart without marks and spencer" Stacey Wallace, Redcar

"This is the best shop in Redcar, I do much of my grocery shopping here. It is extremely important for people who don't drive or have access to a car and many elderly folk as it is not convenient to have to travel out of town to the nearest M&S store. I think closing the Recar shop will have a hugely detrimental effect on the town. Please reconsider and keep our precious store open." Julie James, Redcar

"I USE THE STORE FREQUENTLY FOR CLOTHES AS WELL AS FOOD AND REDCAR IS FULL OF CHARITY SHOPS!!!" Barbara Algar, Redcar

"Come on, give Redcar a chance, 7 decades of M&S in Redcar can't be dumped!" Janet Jeffers, Redcar


"The Community needs the diversity of shops. If we stand back and do nothing soon we will have a high street with only pound and charity shops left. We need an M&S in Redcar." Ray Arden, Redcar

 "I was born i Redcar and M & S was there then and should always be there,it is one of the few Quality shops in Redcar." Charles Arbon




No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say on Redcar!